Vogue Knitting Fall 1997
By Norah Gaughan
Traveling cables form a trellis on Norah Gaughan’s cardigan, with
delicate twists at the chest and upper back. Cabled collar and cuffs
are a clever frame to this distinctive design.
="" height="10" width="64">
• To fit Small/Medium (Large, X-Large). Directions are for
smaller size with larger size in parentheses. If there is only one
figure, it applies to both sizes.
• Bust 38 (50)"/96.5 (127)cm
• Length 24¼ (27¼)"/61.5 (69)cm
• Sleeve width at upper arm 13½ (15¾)"/34.5
• 17 (23) 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 139yd/125m)
of Ilse Wolle/Skacel Setana (wool/silk/microfiber) in #217
• One pair each sizes 3 and 5 (3.25mm and 3.75mm) needles
OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• Cable needle
• Seven ½"/13mm buttons
1. This pattern has been updated to include only technical
corrections and clarifications; no other alterations have been made
since its original printing.
2. The original yarn used for this project is no longer available.
A comparable substitution has been suggested by the yarn company
which is available at the time of posting. Be sure to check yarn
ball quantity and gauge of substitution yarn very carefully before
Suggested Substitute Yarn
• Skacel Kokon (cotton/silk/microfiber) 1¾oz/50g
balls (each approx 191yd/175m) in #16 eggplant
• 32 sts and 32 rows to 4"/10cm over cable pat foll
chart or one 24-st rep to 3"/7.5cm using larger needles.