Knit Simple Holiday 2012 #39
Design by Karen Baumer
These socks, with their crown of a cuff, are a princely example of why so many stitchers have jumped with both feet— and both needles—into sock knitting. The zigzag cuffs are worked back and forth, then seamed. Subsequently, stitches for the rest of the sock are picked up from the cuff edge and worked downward.
Silk Garden Sock by Noro/KFI, 3½oz/100g skeins, each approx 328yd/300m (wool/ silk/nylon/mohair)
• 1 skein in #252 black/green/blue
• One set (5) size 3 (3.25mm) double-pointed needles (dpn) OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• Stitch marker
Sized for Adult Woman.
• Foot circumference 8"/20.5cm
• Length from heel to toe 9½"/24cm
• Length from cuff to heel 9"/23cm
• 24 sts and 34 rnds to 4"/10cm over St st using size 3 (3.25mm) needles.
• 24 sts and 32 rows to 4"/10cm over lace pat using size 3 (3.25) needles.
Delivery Method: via E-mail as an Electronic PDF