Vogue Knitting Fall 2009 #5
design by Mari Muinonon
Worked from the top down, with large figure-eight cables (worked on rev St st ground) that gradually diminish as they travel up the purled background of this rounded triangular blanket shawl.
• 8 3½oz/100g hanks (each approx 145yd/133m long) of Alpaca With A Twist Highlander (baby alpaca/wool/microfiber/viscose) in #5014 ochre
• Four size 10 (6mm) circular needles, 40"(100cm) long OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• One size 10 (6mm) circular needle, 24"(60cm) long
• Two size 10 (6mm) double-pointed needles (dpn)
• Cable needle (cn)
• Point protectors to keep sts on long needles
• One size.
• Width (across top) Approx 120"/304.5cm
• Length (top to longest point) 35"/89cm
• 16 sts and 20 rows = 4"/10cm over St st, using size 10 (6mm) needles.