Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2009 #31
design by Mari Muinonen
Exquisite thigh-highs, worked in the round from the toe up shows some serious leg. The flowery lace that runs up the back and the miniature leaf-lace pattern in front are flanked at the sides by cables that continue up into the cable-and-lace ribbed cuff. Sheer elastic woven through the top edge keeps things in place.
• 3 2oz/57g hanks (each approx 215yd/197m) Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock (superwash wool/nylon) in #0ns natural
• One set (5) each size 3 and 4 (3.25 and 3.5mm) double-pointed needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• 4 clear elastic bands approx 21"/53.5cm long (or length to fit around upper leg)
• Cable needle
• Stitch markers
• Sized to fit adult woman.
• Circumference (around foot) 7"/18cm
• Length (bottom of heel to top of cuff) 24½"/62cm
• 24 sts and 36 rnds = 4"/10cm over St st using smaller dpns.
TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.