Vogue Knitting Winter 2008/09 #27
design by Tanis Gray
A wide, lined belt sports a lovely geometric cable pattern with twists on every right-side row. The knitted strip is backed on the wrong side with a stabilizing ribbon; the large purchased buckle (actually, a purse handle) is wrapped with the same yarn.
• 3 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 71yd/65m) of Plymouth Yarn Co.’s Mainland (baby alpaca/silk) in #3 tan
• One pair size 5 (3.75mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• Cable needle
• Tapestry needle
• 5"/12.5cm wide ribbon
• 5"/12.5cm rectangular purse handle (M&J Trimming #31635) and dowel
• Sewing thread and needle
• Epoxy (optional)
• One size.
• Approximately 34 x 5"/86.5 x 12.5cm
• 24 sts and 33 rows to 4"/10cm over cable pattern using size 5 (3.75mm) needles.
TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.