Vogue Knitting Fall 1989 #2
design by Shelia Meyer
Create creamy elegance in this oversized, elongated ivory cardigan with
set-in sleeves, cables and tiny faux pearls detail the design.
• 28 (30)
1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 121yd/110m) of Baruffa/Lane Borgosesia
Maratona (wool) in #1205 cream
• One pair each sizes 3 and 4 (3.25 and
3.5mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• Approx 1,000 (1,200) 6mm beads
Seven ¾"/20mm buttons
• Stitch holder and cable needle (cn)
1. This pattern has been updated to include only
technical corrections and clarifications; no other alterations have been made
since its original printing.
2. The original yarn used for this project is no
longer available. A comparable substitution has been suggested by the yarn
company which is available at the time of posting. Be sure to check yarn ball
quantity and gauge of substitution yarn very carefully before beginning.
Suggested Substitute Yarn
Borgosesia Merino Otto 8-Ply (wool) 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx
100yd/91m) in #1 ecru
• Sized for Small/Medium,
Large/X-Large. Shown in size Large/X-Large.
• Bust measurement at underarm
(buttoned) 39 (46½)"/97.5 (116.5)cm
• Length 34 (36)"/86.5 (91.5)cm
Sleeve width at upper arm 15¼ (15¾)"/38.5 (39.5)cm
• 38 sts and 38 rows to 4"/10cm over beaded cable
pat using size 4 (3½mm) needles.
Delivery Method: Electronic PDF