Knit Simple Holiday 2011 #36, 37, and 38
Design by Susan B. Anderson
Each fairy is worked in the round in pieces that are assembled as you go. Their sweet faces are embroidered on after
finishing. Accessorize your little friends according to your whims: Choose between firefly and butterfly wings and yarn
hair or an acorn like flower cap. The precious flower purse unfurls to show every petal. The central portion is worked in
the round on double-pointed needles; from there, the petals are shaped and completed separately. I-cord ties are
threaded through buttonholes in each petal.
Fine by Spud & Chloe, 2.3oz/65g hanks, each approx 248yd/227m (superwash wool/silk)
• Small amounts each in #7804 cricket (bright green A), #7800 popcorn (cream B), #7808 sassafras (bright pink C), #7807 tutu (pale pink D), #7811 bumble bee (yellow E), #7820 wildberries (purple F), #7801 glow worm (pale green G), #7817 goldfish (orange HI)
• One set (4) each sizes 1, 2 and 5 (2.25, 2.75 and 3.75mm) double-pointed needles (dpns) OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE
• Small amount of polyester stuffing
• Small amount of poly pellets (optional, considered a choking hazard for small children)
• Small amounts of red and black embroidery floss
• Stitch markers, tapestry needle, scrap yarn
• Body length without legs 3"/7.5cm
• Width 11"/28cm
• 36 sts and 44 rnds to 4"/10cm over St st using smallest needles.
• 22 sts and 32 rnds to 4"/10cm over St st using largest needles and 2 strands of yarn held tog.
Delivery Method: via E-mail as an Electronic PDF