Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2009 #29
design by Star Athena
This pattern serves up well-heeled appeal. Knit in the round, the short socks boast a leaf-lace pattern on the front and instep, fishnet lace on the back of the leg and a twisted rib on the heel flap. A little tie is worked into the back just below the cuff.
• 2 1¾oz/50g balls (each approx 208yd/190m) of Knit One, Crochet Too, Inc. Soxx Appeal (superwash merino wool/nylon/elastic) in #9726 lilac
• 1 set (5) size 1 (2.25mm) double-pointed needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN GAUGE.
• Stitch markers
• Sized for adult woman.
• Circumference (around foot, unstretched) 7"/18cm
• Length (back of leg, top of cuff to bottom of heel) 7"/18cm
• 32 sts and 48 rnds = 4"/10cm over St st using size 1 (2.25mm) needles.
TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.